Monday, August 26, 2013

Mobile Update: Worn Rails

     Sometimes I find myself fascinated by such simple things.  I guess we're all like that when we allow ourselves to be.  During a walk/exploration with some friends in Georgetown, an industrial district of Seattle, I found several spots on a heavily used railroad that I couldn't stop staring at and photographing.  Oblivious to the dirt, hazards, and boredom of my friends I dropped to my knees and photographed up a storm with my Kiev 88 and my iPhone.
     If you read my thoughts on "phoneography" about a year ago you will remember that I preferred to minimize the amount of editing I was doing on photos.  I have since decided to explore more, and now enjoy the post-production and editing quite a bit.  My recent favorite filter to use, especially on brick and earthy photos, is Hipstamatic's Madalena "lens" and Robusta "film" combo.  Here's what I ended up with using that setup:

Worn Rail Connection
taken with iPhone
Hipstamatic Madalena + Robusta

1 comment: